Long-term value for a solid basis
We consequently gear our activities towards our motto "Sharing Excellence". Our aim is to secure the company’s value creation in the long-term in order to establish a solid foundation for sustainable, profitable growth. Our main emphasis is on further expansion and success on the global market and a greater focus on distribution.
With innovative solutions, we not only want to open up markets, but we also want to make an important contribution to the sustainable development and protection of resources. Our continued internationalization, operational excellence and reliable supplier management are key factors that allow us to establish a solid foundation for long-term, targeted value creation.
Quality management with a long tradition
More detailed information about our Quality management.
Efficient processes for operational excellence
We regularly scrutinize our processes to make them more efficient, to harmonize them and to reduce costs. We have been promoting our excellence program for many years: Purchasing is handled centrally and the supply chain is optimized. We also improve logistics and streamline production.
The Go Lean program was launched in 2012. It is part of the excellence program and directs our production towards greater efficiency. Operational costs are reduced, production lead times are shortened, quality is improved and synergies are utilized through process streamlining.
The aim of the JOE program (Jenoptik One ERP) is to establish a uniform ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. This company software, based on SAP, is standardized throughout the group and the world and is intended to make processes and data more transparent. Operational and commercial functions are made more efficient and processes are simplified.
Innovation for economic success
Our key strategic aim is to acquire, secure and expand our position as an innovation leader in the areas relevant to us. We see the following points as key to this:
- 426 R+D employees and therefore 11.7 percent of total staff help to make our clients more efficient and consequently increase their earnings capacity.
- Innovation projects occure in accordance with our core competencies and in direct cooperation with key customers to develop customized solutions.
- Our central innovation management controls strategical development plans.
- The further development of in-house resources and work with cooperation partners, research institutions and other university-level institutions.
- The Scientific Advisory Council is a committee of top-class experts available to Jenoptik which supports the Group in the monitoring and evaluation of long-term technology trends.
To further increase innovation power, the Jenoptik Innovation Award annualy is granted to our best development team. The winner of the Jenoptik Innovation Award 2016 was the toll project in the Mobility segment. Its toll monitoring pillar will enable Jenoptik to be a partner in the future for the truck toll charged on German federal highways.
Selected research cooperation arrangements and association memberships
- Friedrich-Schiller-University (FSU) Jena,
- Christian-Albrechts-University (CAU), Kiel,
- Ernst-Abbe-School Jena,
- Leibniz-Institute of Photonic Technology‘s (IPHT), Jena,
- Technische Universität Ilmenau,
- Technische Universität Kaiserslautern,
- Ferdinand-Braun-Institute, Leibniz-Institut für Höchstfrequenztechnik (FBH), Berlin,
- German Aerospace Center (DLR), Institute of Transportation Systems, Braunschweig,
- Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology (IPT), Aachen, incl. Laboratory for Machine Tools and Production Engineering (WZL).
Support for global megatrends
By more strongly focusing our organizational structure on the growth markets of the automotive, semiconductor equipment, aviation, traffic and medical technology industries, we benefit from the global megatrends of
- digital world, healthcare, mobility and efficiency, infrastructure, and security
This helps us to increase the reach of our products and solutions and opens up improved growth opportunities.
We see our strategic orientation as a global, integrated photonics group as offering advantages over our competitors, many of whom only operate in one market. With our broad technology platform, we serve a range of markets, are less heavily dependent on the cycles in individual sectors and can better compensate for fluctuations.
Jenoptik pursues a dual strategy for market penetration:
- Firstly, we market our products ourselves or with our distribution partners
- Secondly, Jenoptik acts as a system partner: Together with our customers, we develop system solutions tailored to the companies in question. With system partnerships like these, we strengthen our customer relations and enable product innovation
From global seller to global player
By expanding in the Asian and American regions, we are developing our global presence further in order to firmly establish technical sales and the service network in both the existing and the new markets. Our Asian holding company in Singapore has handled our entire Asian business since 2013 and promoted its development. We serve the North American market from our locations in Jupiter, Florida and Rochester Hills, Michigan.