Innovation and quality
We consequently gear our activities towards our motto "Sharing Excellence". Our aim is to secure the company’s value creation in the long-term in order to establish a solid foundation for sustainable, profitable growth.
Our continued internationalization, operational excellence and reliable supplier management are key factors that allow us to successfully pursue this path. To secure our innovation capacity in all competence areas we continuously work on research and development. Simultaneously, we extend our global sales and service network to serve customer demand and achieve our growth targets.
Innovations for economic success
As an innovative high-tech company, it is essential for Jenoptik to be able to identify customer requirements and future trends at an early stage in order to align strategic actions with them and derive the corresponding technology and product developments.
- increase our investments in research and development, including customer-specific projects, to a total of approximately 10% of revenue by 2022
- expand our position as one of the globally leading suppliers of products and solutions in the area of photonics
- extend our know-how and expertise in research and development by the expansion of application centers in all important core regions, and thus
- achieve, ensure and expand innovation leadership in the areas relevant to us and increase our competitiveness.
Our product contribution to resource conservation
Very many of our innovative products and services contribute to a more efficient and responsible handling of resources.
Jenoptik diode lasers and laser systems for a wide range of applications, e.g. medical technology or the automotive industry
- The most efficient light source available with an efficiency of up to 70 percent.
- Resource-friendly alternative to traditional machining processes; especially when machining high-strength steel with low weight
Optical systems and components for information and data transmission and medical diagnostics methods
- Ongoing development toward even smaller crystalline structures in semiconductor production opens up a growing number of new applications
- Time-saving processes and more cost-effective production save resources
Metrology - systems and equipment to check shape and roughness, particularly in the automotive industry
- The results are more precise surfaces and tighter tolerances in engine components (downsizing) and thus entire vehicles that require less fuel and produce fewer emissions.
- More complex transmissions for electromobility demand the increasing use of metrology
Traffic monitoring systems check compliance with road traffic regulations Toll enforcement on federal highways
- Contribution to increasing road safety and a reducing accidents
- Reduction in pollutant and noise emissions
- Installation at the side of the road limits negative impacts on the environment (no need for the installation ofmonitoring gantries)
Jenoptik Innovation Award
The 2017 winner was the development of a technology platform for high-performance optics in the optics and life science segment. The module-based design of the platform will enable faster and more efficient development of new micro-optical systems for our key customers in the semiconducting equipment industry in the future.
One of the most important factors for success are our customers, as our products are often developed in close cooperation with them. In addition to innovative expertise, what is required most of all are flexibility, reliability and an awareness of the needs of the target groups. Very close cooperation on the basis of trust is therefore essential for us.
Our customers particularly value:
- Our strong JENOPTIK brand with a global presence and local know-how. We have the knowledge and the capacity to respond to requirements specific to the country and the customer.
- The reliability and persistence of our products
- Our portfolio with innovative products, smart services and software
- Our process chain: We also operate our systems ourselves, e.g. in the area of traffic safety, which makes it possible to see behind the curtain and carry out optimization on an ongoing basis.
A long tradition of quality assurance and management
Jenoptik's success is based on the quality of their products and solutions. The prerequisite for a good quality management system is the ongoing and strict monitoring of all processes and manufactured products.
Find out more about our quality management.
Our products are often created in close collaboration with the customer. Alongside the need to innovate, this requires mutual trust, reliability and knowledge of target audience requirements. That is why successful, longstanding collaborations with key customers are an important factor of our success.
Efficient processes for operational excellence
We regularly scrutinize our processes to make them more efficient and to harmonize them: Purchasing is handled centrally and the supply chain is optimized. We also improve logistics and streamline production.
Our internal Go Lean program directs our production towards greater efficiency. Operational costs are reduced, production lead times are shortened, quality is improved and synergies are utilized through process streamlining.
The aim of the JOE program (Jenoptik One ERP) is to establish a uniform ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system. This company software, based on SAP, is standardized throughout the Group and is intended to make processes more transparent and deliver reliable data for speedy business relevant decisions.
Treading new ground as systems partner
By more strongly focusing our organizational structure on the growth markets of the automotive, semiconductor equipment, aviation, traffic and medical technology industries, we benefit from the global megatrends of
- digital world, healthcare, mobility and efficiency, infrastructure, and security
This helps us to increase the reach of our products and solutions and opens up improved growth opportunities.
We see our strategic orientation as a global, integrated photonics group as offering advantages over our competitors, many of whom only operate in one market. With our broad technology platform, we serve a range of markets, are less heavily dependent on the cycles in individual sectors and can better compensate for fluctuations.
Jenoptik pursues a dual strategy for market penetration:
- Firstly, we market our products ourselves or with our distribution partners
- Secondly, Jenoptik acts as a system partner: Together with our customers, we develop system solutions tailored to the companies in question. With system partnerships like these, we strengthen our customer relations and enable product innovation