data protection declaration
HomeInvestorsJENOPTIK AG sells its shares in Microlas GmbH to Lambda Physik AG
JENOPTIK AG sells its shares in Microlas GmbH to Lambda Physik AG
JENOPTIK AG of Jena, Germany has sold its 44 percent share in its joint venture, Microlas GmbH, to Lambda Physik AG. According to the Jenoptik announcement, made in Jena on Tuesday, Lambda Physik AG has acquired all of Jenoptik's shares in the company, which was founded in 1991. Lambda will now be the majority owner, with 90 percent of Microlas GmbH. The remaining 10 percent will continue to be held by the chief executive of Microlas, Dr. Hans-Jürgen Kahlert. The acquisition will be enacted upon official approval of the Federal Cartel Office of Germany, and depending on the possible use of Dr. Kahlert's preferential purchase rights. The sale will lead to a one-time extraordinary income for Jenoptik.
Microlas manufactures optical components such as lenses and laser beam delivery systems used together with Lambda Physik lasers for the production of TFT flat-screen monitors and ink jet printers.