Jenoptik streamlines corporate structures: German legal units of the Division Light & Optics bundled
As part of its Strategy 2022, Jenoptik is merging its business in the Light & Optics division in Germany to form JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH. This includes the activities relating to photonic technologies for OEM customers, i.e. optics, microoptics, lasers, digital image processing, optoelectronics as well as sensors and therefore all activities from development through to production, sales and service. For customers, this means solutions from a single source.
Under the motto “More Focus”, the Jenoptik Group is implementing initiatives that are intended to simplify the group structure and streamline processes. The legal merger of the Light & Optics division in Germany in a GmbH (limited liability company) was completed with the registration in the relevant commercial register on March 15, 2019. From now on, the businesses operating as JENOPTIK Laser GmbH (Jena), JENOPTIK Polymer Systems GmbH (Triptis, Berlin and Mühlhausen locations), JENOPTIK Diode Lab GmbH (Berlin) as well as the Sensors business unit of JENOPTIK Advanced Systems GmbH will merge to form JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH.
The around 1,200 employees in the Light & Optics division from all around the world have been working in new, global structures since January 1 this year. The know-how and extensive experience in optics and photonics will be brought together in a global production, service and sales network to intensify the focus on providing solutions from a single source. The Jenoptik Light & Optics division is an OEM partner and combines comprehensive expertise from optics, microoptics, laser technology, digital image processing, optoelectronics and sensors.
Essential information on the German company JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH
- All assets, including all existing contractual relationships of JENOPTIK Laser GmbH (Jena), JENOPTIK Polymer Systems GmbH (Triptis, Berlin and Mühlhausen), JENOPTIK Diode Lab GmbH (Berlin) as well as the Sensors business unit of JENOPTIK Advanced Systems GmbH have transferred to JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH.
- JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH will take over all existing rights and obligations from existing contracts, quotes and orders, effective immediately.
- The employees and contact partners have already been working for JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH since January 1, 2019. Telephone numbers and e-mail addresses remain the same.
- JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH’s headquarters are located on Göschwitzer Straße 25, 07745 Jena.
- JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH’s locations remain the site on Prüssingstraße 41 (as visitors address for the former Sensors division of JENOPTIK Advanced Systems GmbH and as a general delivery address for JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH) as well as those in Berlin-Adlershof, Berlin-Wuhlheide, Triptis, Dresden and Mühlhausen. All contact, postal, office and delivery addresses for these locations remain the same.
- The bank accounts for JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH are as follows:
Deutsche Bank AG, BIC: DEUTDE8EXXX, IBAN: DE18 8207 0000 0399 7632 00
Commerzbank AG, BIC: DRESDEFF827, IBAN: DE26 8208 0000 0344 5410 00
- JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH is registered in the commercial register of the Jena District Court under number HRB 205579.
- The value added tax identification number is DE 811846020.
Jenoptik will inform customers, suppliers and company partners of the merger in a separate letter.
“The simplification of our GmbH/company structures is an important step towards increasingly establishing ourselves as a global system partner in future. We are also becoming more efficient and focussed”, reports the Head of the Light & Optics division Dr. Ralf Kuschnereit.Press release as PDF