Rescue Hoists and Cargo Winches for Helicopters: Extremely Reliable and Safe
By using a rescue hoist, a helicopter can rescue persons from hard-to-reach areas such as a mountain range or from the sea. Equally, cargo winches can help delivering loads such as food and water to crisis regions that are hard to access by other means. Jenoptik produces extremely stable and safe rescue hoists and cargo winches for helicopters.
Our mechatronics expert engineers understand how mechanics, electronics and IT work together: They design and develop rescue hoists and cargo winches as complex mechatronic systems that are highly reliable and meet – and many cases exceed – all the required safety regulations as well as other standards that are not compulsory.
We supply winches with various drive technologies from hydraulic to electric drives. For example, we produce hydraulic winch systems for operations performed by the NH90, the transport helicopter used by NATO. These winch systems can transport loads of up to 400 kilograms.
Our experienced customer service team will assist you right from the start: On a 24/7 AOG basis we reliably service and maintain your rescue hoists and cargo winches on a regular basis according to our customers' demands.
- Safe: People and loads can be transported in all weather conditions.
- Advanced technology: Designs based on years of experience and the extensive expertise of our development and manufacturing teams.
- Flexible deployment: Can be integrated in all existing systems.
- Customer service: Fast and reliable regular maintenance.
Fields of Application
- Aviation industry: Systems for manufacturers and system suppliers.
Hydraulic Rescue Hoist and Cargo Winch for NH90
Rescue Hoist and Cargo Winch for the NH90 - Selected Features
- Hydraulic motor
- Loads of up to 270 kg (people) and up to 400 kg (cargo)
- Cable/transport speed of up to 1.25 m/s (people) and 0.4 m/s (cargo)
- Capstan technology
Electric rescue hoist for civil helicopters
Safe, reliable, strong: The next generation of electric rescue hoists "SkyHoist 800" currently being developed by Jenoptik is dedicated for civil helicopters. The innovative rescue hoist will offer highest safety, performance, and availability under all mission conditions.
Selected features and preliminary technical data:
- Electric capstan drive technology
- Increased lifting load
- Raised lifting speed
- Extended cable length
These new features will lead to lowest life cycle costs for operators of Jenoptik's next generation rescue hoist.
Jenoptik presents a mockup of the new SkyHoist 800 system at the 2017 HAI Heli Expo in Dallas, Texas, USA. You are kindly invited to visit Jenoptik in Hall C at Stand 6323.
Please contact us for more information on the rescue hoist.