The VarioCAM® HD Basic is the entry-level model from Jenoptik for professional mobile use. The thermal imager is based on state-of-the-art sensor technology with 17 µm pitch and optimized lenses. Using this device, you can measure and analyze temperature distributions in a non-contact process — the distributions are immediately displayed in detail on the integrated display.
The thermography camera sets itself apart with its high level of measuring accuracy. The device features an uncooled microbolometer focal plane array as a sensor with 640 x 480 pixels. This sensor registers the thermal radiation of an object in the long-wave infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum (between 7.5 µm and 14 µm).
Any images and measured data from the VarioCAM® HD Basic can be viewed and evaluated immediately on the mobile camera's high-resolution TFT display. Considering its extensive range of features, the thermography camera is an extremely ergonomic and compact solution. Its user-friendly menu guidance makes the camera very easy to operate. Any measured data can be reviewed immediately on site.
What's more, the VarioCAM offers a robust housing, is extremely stable and durable, and requires only a minimal amount of maintenance, keeping life cycle costs low. By investing in state-of-the-art thermography technology, you can reap the benefits in terms of better measuring results and durable Jenoptik thermal imaging technology. In this way, you can avoid the costs associated with expensive repairs and save on unnecessary new investments.
- Precise measurement: High spatial resolution of 1.2 IR megapixels.
- Efficient: Capture wide measuring ranges in high resolution.
- Mobile use: Compact camera with an ergonomic design.
- Robust and durable: Saves you time and costs, as uncooled cameras require no maintenance.
- Technologically sophisticated: More than 25 years of experience in developing and producing infrared cameras.
Fields of application
- Electrical engineering, electronics, electrical industry: Detecting defects, optimizing product quality, plant inspection, quality control.
- Preventive maintenance: Prompt identification of hot spots or apparent defects, prevention of production stoppages, plant inspection.
- Automation technology: Quality control and assurance, as well as process monitoring. Optimization of production processes.
- Building thermography: Tracing heat losses.
- Automotive industry: Quality control, non-destructive testing, process optimization.
|Feature||VarioCAM® HD Basic
|IR detector:||Uncooled microbolometer array (FPA)
|Detector size:||640 x 480 pixels
|Image resolution (max.)
||1280 x 960 IR pixels (DRE mode, Dynamic Resolution Enhancement, available with hand-held camera operation only)
|Frame rate:||30 Hz (@ 640 x 480 pixels)
384 x 288 pixels (@ 60 Hz)
||7.5 µm ... 14 µm
|Temperature measuring range:
||-40 °C ... +600 °C
||< 40 mK
||2 K or 2 %
|Interfaces, for data:||GigE-Vision, DVI-D, C-Video, WLAN (optional), SDHC Memory Card (max. 32 GB)|
|Interfaces, for remote control:
||GigE-Vision, RS232, Trigger, Bluetooth (optional)
|Special features:||Built-in laser rangefinder (optional)
|Measurement functions (excerpt):
||Measuring spots and planes, minimum/maximum, isotherms, temperature differences
All measurement functions are built-in and can be used and displayed live via the camera's TFT display
|Automatic functions (excerpt):
||Focus, auto image, temperature levels, NUC, lens recognition, image optimization, alarm functions|
|Correction functions (excerpt):
||Laser based distance measurement, emissivity, transmittance, environmental temperature, humidity (optional)
|Dimensions (L x w x H):
||210 mm x 125 mm x 155 mm (incl. 20 mm standard lens)|
||1.5 kg (incl. 20 mm standard lens)|
||Environmental temperature: -25 °C ... +55 °C (operational)
Shock: 25G (IEC 68-2-29)
Vibration: 2 G (IEC 68-2-6)
Protection class: IP54