Stabilization systems for sensors and weapon systems on vehicle-based platforms
Stabilization systems compensate for vehicle movements, allowing you to continuously keep your target in sight at all time.
The electromechanical stabilization systems align and move sensors or weapon systems mounted on vehicle-based platforms. These platforms could be on military ground vehicles, but also on ships or helicopters. Ground vehicles are often deployed on uneven terrain, while helicopters have to cope with turbulence. The stabilization technology from Jenoptik responds with precision, speed and accuracy, compensating for vehicle movements and thus allowing a target to be aimed at continuously, providing optimum support for your defense.
Jenoptik develops and produces compact, stabilized carrier platforms, drive systems for turrets and weapons, and mirror head units to stabilize the line of sight on vehicles. Our technologically sophisticated products have proven their quality in military and civilian applications over many years.
We design completely new systems or upgrade existing stabilization systems to meet your exact specifications. In doing so, we supply you with an optimized system of electric drive technology (motors and gears) and sensors (gyros and acceleration sensors), as well as control technology (power electronics) – all from a single source.
Our products are characterized by their fast and precise position control, excellent reliability and high level of durability. They consume minimal energy, as well as being exceptionally low maintenance.
Jenoptik understands the entire system and offers you technological expertise on top of its many years of application experience. Our stabilization systems have been used in various platforms for a number of years, including the Leopard 2, the Puma and the NATO NH90 transport helicopter.
- Precise: Align and stabilize sensors, radar systems and weapons in a quick and accurate process.
- Reliable and durable: Low ongoing costs due to minimal repairs and maintenance.
- Efficient: Fast response, minimal energy consumption.
- Customized: Individual components and systems are optimized to meet your requirements.
- Comprehensive range of services: From planning to production through to spare parts purchasing.
Fields of Application
- Defense and security technology: Stabilize, move and align sensors, weapon systems or turrets (elevation drives, traversing drives) on armored ground vehicles.