KATASORB® Z exhaust air purification system: regenerative adsorptive cleaning of discontinuous exhaust gas flows with low pollutant concentrations
By means of catalytic post-combustion, KATASORB® Z exhaust air purification systems enable efficient, residue-free and flexible cleaning of exhaust gas flows with low pollutant concentrations using adsorption and downstream catalysis.
The KATASORB® Z exhaust air purification system absorbs even the smallest quantities of pollutants. The system works reliably with high and low concentrations of pollutants and is suitable for both continuous operation and discontinuous processes.
The exhaust air flow is alternately fed through multiple – typically two – zeolite beds or zeolite wheels as adsorbers. Zeolites are natural or synthetic aluminum silicates. When the adsorption capacity of a bed is exhausted, the unloaded bed starts to absorb pollutants. In the meantime, the first adsorber regenerates itself. The pollutants are thermally desorbed into a highly loaded exhaust air stream, passed on for catalytic post-combustion and completely oxidized to produce harmless substances. No waste or special waste is produced.
The exhaust air purification system eliminates pollutants from vapors that are generated during laser and material processing or in pharmaceutics. It also removes volatile organic compounds such as solvents in the chemical or printing industry. In its ACID version, the system even eliminates acidic pollutants such as those that are produced in the laser processing of PVC.
The system can also be used for adsorbtive cleaning and drying of large volumes of exhaust air at room temperature. The energy requirements and heat loss remain extremely low. The zeolites are designed for many regeneration cycles and have a long service life. Maintenance and disposal costs are minimal.
Jenoptik will provide you with a KATASORB® Z exhaust air purification system that is specifically tailored to your requirements. The system has a modular structure. In addition, we coordinate all parameters perfectly with one another. The area of application of adsorption using zeolite can be widened significantly in conjunction with other KATASORB® components.
- Flexible: Suitable for both continuous operation and discontinuous processes.
- Efficient: Absorbs even the smallest quantities of pollutants.
- Safe: Meets the strictest emission standards.
- Modular structure: Easy to integrate into existing systems.
- Energy-saving: Cleans large quantities of exhaust air at room temperature.
- Environmentally friendly: Pollutants are completely oxidized to form harmless substances.
Fields of Application
- Plastics processing: Adsorption of pollutants from vapors.
- Laser and material processing: Cleaning of plastic vapors during laser cutting, decomposition of coolants and lubricants.
- Pharmaceutics: Elimination of pollutants from vapors.
- Petrochemistry: Cleaning of waste air polluted with oils and lubricants.
- Printing industry: Elimination of volatile organic compounds such as solvents.