The JenLas® disk IR series consists of diode-pumped solid-state lasers (DPSSL) with a particularly high peak pulse power and excellent beam quality. They were specially developed on the basis of proven disk laser technology for industrial micro-material processing. These lasers can be used for cutting, drilling or structuring hard and brittle materials such as silicon carbide (SiC), wolfram carbide (WC) and polycrystalline diamonds (PCD) or composite materials such as carbon fiber-reinforced composites (CFRP).
Our disk laser systems are characterized by their excellent beam quality with a peak pulse power of up to 200 kW. Pulse lengths and repetition rates can be set independently of one another. A fast beam modulator, which offers pulse-picking, single shot and pulse-on-demand modes, is integrated into the systems. Additionally, pulse synchronization is also possible for on-the-fly applications. All disk lasers from the JenLas® disk IR series were designed for reliable and continuous industrial operation. They are easily integrated into existing systems and require minimal maintenance.
Customer supportMake use of our comprehensive worldwide customer service. We evaluate processes with regard to productivity and create samples for you in our application laboratory. We will gladly arrange a free individual application test with you. Contact us for more information.
We will also support you in integrating disk lasers into your existing systems. To do so, we establish contact with independent mechanical engineers and system integrators.
- High processing quality: With a small heat-affected zone due to the high peak pulse power and excellent beam quality.
- Reliable: Developed for continuous 24/7 operation.
- Durable: You save costs because repairs and maintenance are rarely required.
- Easy to integrate: Our disk lasers can easily be integrated into your systems.
- A comprehensive range of services: Support with system integration and free individual application tests.
Fields of Application
- Industrial micro-material processing: Drilling, cutting and structuring metals and plastics. Cutting hard and brittle materials and highly heat conductive metal alloys.
- Automotive: Drilling.
- Photovoltaics: Laser fired contacts, metal wrap through, emitter wrap through.
Application examples of the disk lasers
- Wavelength: 1030 nm
- Beam quality: M² < 1.2
- Fast beam modulator: Pulse picking/pulse-on-demand (on-the-fly), Pulse energy reduction
- Synchronization using gate and trigger inputs
- Interfaces: RS232 (other comm. interfaces on request), parallel user interface, clock interface, graphical user interface (GUI)
- Laser head cooling with external water/water or air/water cooler
- Ambient temperature range: 15 – 40°C
Product Variants of the disk laser series
JenLas® disk IR50
• Adjustable pulse duration (independent of the repetition rate): 200 – 2000 ns
JenLas® disk IR70
• Adjustable pulse duration (independent of the repetition rate): 200 – 1600 ns
• Average power: 65 W
• Maximum pulse energy: 7 mJ
• Adjustable pulse repetition rate: 8 – 100 kHz
JenLas® disk IR70E
• Adjustable pulse duration (independent of the repetition rate): 30 – 300 ns
• Average power: 65 W
• Maximum pulse energy: 6.5 mJ
• Adjustable pulse repetition rate: 10 – 300 kHz
Please contact us for more information about our diode lasers.
+49 3641 65-3053
+49 3641 65-4011