The IPS B100 internal test sensor allows rapid and precise inspection of internal bore surfaces.
The IPS B100 internal test sensor enables automatic inspection of the internal surfaces of cylinder bores with a 360° view of the bore hole. The CMOS sensor, which is inserted into the bore, scans the entire internal surface, generating high-resolution and high-contrast images. This allows you to detect flaws such as blowholes, porosities and scratches in your workpieces even during production.
This process requires no rotational movement, which means very fast image acquisition times. Our system software provides fully automatic evaluation of the images of the internal bore surface. The software is easy to understand and intuitive to use. Your employees do not require any prior experience.
The IPS B100 means an end to expensive visual inspections. The inspection results are also user-independent and objective. At the same time, the internal test sensor allows complex classifications of the surface flaws; for example, porosities can be evaluated according to indicators such as size, number and frequency. You can specify the quality level at which components are rejected as NOK. The system automatically documents the results in the form of individually customizable test statistics.
The test diameter on the IPS B100 is 68 to 110 mm, while the bore depth is unlimited.
Designs of the IPS B100
- Offline system integration with manual loading
The manual loading systems are ideal for inspections of small series and prototypes. These flexible systems allow users to inspect a range of engine block types efficiently and cost-effectively.
1. For inline engines with motorized X-axis (manual also available)
2. For inline engines and V engines. The inspection sequence is fully automatic.
- Inline system integration: Above conveyor belt Installed above the production line, the system is ideal for complete inspections in interlinked processes, minimizing cycle times on the production line. It is designed for inline engines with up to six cylinders.
- Robot inspection system: Above conveyor belt The fully automatic system can also be integrated in the production line, and does not need to be reprogrammed on each inspection. Simply enter the parameters for new engine blocks on the control panel. The inspection system is therefore particularly flexible.
- Multi-sensor system: particularly flexible Using a range of optical technologies, the multi-sensor system allows you to analyze cylinder bores, cylinder head gasket surfaces and processed side surfaces. The system operates at a line cycle time of just 25 seconds.
- High resolution: Even the smallest flaws are detected.
- Fast: Very high test speeds.
- Automatic: Measurement results are objective as they are not dependent on any inspector.
- Efficient: Saves staff and resources.
- Flexible: From a manual system for small series to a multi-sensor system for inspecting the a wide range of engine components.
- Easy-to-use software: Minimal training requirements.
- Automotive industry: Optical surface inspection of internal bore surfaces of crankcases, gearboxes and steering boxes, as well as truck connecting rods and cylinder liners.
- Test diameter: 68 mm to 110 mm
- Bore depth: Unrestricted
- Image sensor: CMOS technology
- Object illumination: Integrated LED
- Front collision protection: Integrated
- Line cycle time: ≥ 22 s (4-cylinder block)
- Flaw detection limit: 100 μm (e.g. for point-shaped flaws); typically 50 μm width for scratches, furrows, cracks, etc
- Surfaces: Matt to high-gloss (e.g. highly honed) finishes and textured surfaces
- Object handling: cyclic testing