Hommel-Etamic incometer V: flexible measuring system for form and roundness measurement in cylinder bores
The Incometer V supplies measured data for the analytical inspection of cylinder/piston configurations in engine development.
The Incometer V is a high-precision measuring system for form and roundness in cylinder bores. It allows you to quickly determine all relevant measured data required for the correct dimensioning of piston rings in engine development and manufacture. The device rapidly measures cylinder distortion and wear rates, with a particular focus on temperature influence.
The measuring system features a compact design, while the clamping mechanism allows you to easily adapt the system to different cylinder dimensions. Self-adjustment eliminates the need for laborious alignment, thus enabling flexible and mobile deployment of the incometer both in development and testing. Since the system is highly resistant to vibrations and does not require a temperature-stabilized measuring environment, it can also be used to perform measurements directly on the production line.
The robust measuring probes allow you to achieve very high levels of accuracy, akin to those of stationary form measuring machines. The large probe range allows eccentricities or inclinations of the cylinder axis relative to the measuring probe. These are automatically corrected by the Incowin software during the measured value calculation.
The Incowin control and evaluation software is highly intuitive and thus easily accessible to users with minimal prior knowledge. Thanks to the pre-defined measuring routines, users merely have to enter or select the relevant values. The measuring tasks can be initiated quickly without the need for elaborate programming.
- Extremely fast measurement: Quickest cylindricity measurements on the market, thus saving time and costs.
- Precise: Determination of accurate measured data.
- Flexible application: Compact, robust devices for use in development or production.
- Effective: Self-adjustment eliminates need for elaborate alignment.
- Simple operation: Time-saving operation of the measuring system with our INCOWIN software.
- Automotive industry: Form and roundness measurements in cylinder bores, measurement of cylinder distortion for configuration of cylinder head gasket, cylinder wear measurements, hot-static deformation measurement.