Beam expanders increase or decrease the diameter of a laser beam, allowing various elements of an optical system to be calibrated to one another. The diameter of the laser beam at the output of the laser is adapted to the required diameter at the input of the objective lens. Beam expanders are primarily used in laser material processing. All beam expanders can be integrated with F-theta objective lenses from Jenoptik in a wide range of beam guidance systems.
The 1x-4x and 2x-10x beam expanders are available for laser wavelengths of 355, 532 and 1030 to 1080 nanometers. The extended zoom range enables a maximum tenfold beam expansion to be achieved. All versions are infinitely adjustable from a minimum to a maximum expansion factor. Expansion and divergence are adjusted separately. This means the beam expanders allow a focus correction of the entire optical system.
The beam expanders come in a highly robust design and a compact housing. There is no rotation of lens elements even during a setup modification. This results in an exceptionally high level of beam stability. The beam expanders are also diffraction-limited: The diameter of the laser beam is limited only by the diffraction of the light. A zoom and focus gauge is engraved on the beam expander, so any manual adjustments can be made quickly and easily.
Further development of our beam expanders for more precision and durability
The BEX 1x-4x steadfast is characterized by a new mechanical design: The moving optical elements are guided linearly. This reduces the influence of mechanical manufacturing tolerances and increases the beam direction stability when changing the magnification and / or divergence. The beam expander achieves a high radiation direction stability of less than one milliradiant.
The newly designed Beam Expander can also be used to lock the setting. This minimizes influences such as vibrations or accelerations on the system. In addition, the BEX 1x-4x steadfast is easy and safe to handle, which reduces set-up times to a minimum.
Benefits Beam Expander
- High-precision: Optimized to deliver the level of precision required in laser material processing
- Robust and compact: No rotation of lens elements during a setup modification
- Optimized: Improved beam stability
- Flexible: Expansion and divergence can be adjusted separately
- Infinitely adjustable: From single to tenfold expansion factor
- Quick manual adjustments: With engraved zoom and focus gauge
Applications Beam Expander
- Microelectronics: E.g. micro structuring of glass
- Semiconductor industry: E.g. micromachining
- Automotive industry: E.g. cutting and structuring composites
- Medicine: E.g. removing gauze in therapeutic applications