The plasma etching process provides impressive regularity for any shape: Whether the optics are flat or convex, the reflection is suppressed right to the edge with color neutrality, even if the angle of incidence of the light is larger. The result is absolute regularity. This process is also quick and cost-effective.
Jenoptik is one of the few companies in the world to offer plasma etching. AR-plas® was developed by the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering in Jena, Germany. It was then put into production at Jenoptik. In 2012, the scientists behind this special process received the "Thüringer Forschungspreis" — a research prize awarded in the German State of Thuringia.
- Color-neutral: Uniform suppression of reflections
- Flexible: Suitable for smooth and highly curved surfaces
- Quick and cost-effective: The moth-eye structure forms by itself
- High-precision: Provides high-contrast, interference-free images
Fields of Application
- Automotive industry: Antireflection of internal surfaces that are not subject to stress
- Health care: Antireflection for endoscopy and cameras