The aluminum mirror coating is ideal for broadband reflectors in the VIS range and well into the IR range. If you combine the mirror with an additional protective coating, aluminum is extremely resistant: The material also functions well under difficult environmental conditions, such as high humidity. When combined with a dielectric layer, aluminum is even more effective at reflecting light.
A mirror coating made from silver delivers optimal VIS reflection values when used under standard environmental conditions. Gold mirrors are best used in the infrared spectral range as they offer superb reflection properties and long-term stability.
- Versatile: Mirror-coating of materials in complex three-dimensional shapes
- Reliable: PVD metallization (single and two-fold rotation) provides secure adhesion
- Protective: Extra integrated protective coating
- Proven testing procedure: Tested under actual production conditions
- Variable: In-house procedure for transparent and non-transparent polymers
Fields of Application
- Health care and life sciences: As a reflecting prism for a head-mounted display
- Lighting and energy: Integrated into LED light sources
- Automotive industry: As a deflection mirror for scanners