PLM Phase Modulator: Modulate a Light Beam by Means of Electrical Control of the Birefringence of a Nematic Liquid Crystal Layer
The PLM phase modulator uses the effect of the electrically controllable birefringence of a nematic liquid crystal layer. In this way, you can produce a phase shift of passing light.
You control the phase modulator using a DC-voltage-free AC voltage of between 0 and 10 V. It works in the 430 to 1600 nm wavelength range. In addition, we manufacture antireflection coatings for the spectral range that you need for your specific applications.
The optically active area of the phase modulator has a diameter of 20 mm as standard. We can supply other apertures on request.
- Electrically controllable: Uses the effect of the birefringence of a liquid crystal layer
- Powerful: Covers the 430 to 1600 nm wavelength range
- Customized: Customized antireflection coatings and apertures possible
Fields of Application
- Optics: Modulate the phase shift of linearly polarized light without mechanically moving parts, i.e. vibration-free
- Laser technology: Light modulators as laser accessories