Photodiodes from Jenoptik: photodiodes for spectrally selective light and radiation detection
The photodiodes from Jenoptik can be easily integrated into your existing systems or adapted to optoelectronic applications, and can also eliminate the need for external filters.
Our photodiodes are available in hermetically sealed metal housings with optical flat or lens caps. Alternatively, we can supply SMD housings or customer-specific modules with chip-on-board technology.
The semiconductor materials that we use result in very low dark currents, which in turn produce a particularly high signal-to-noise ratio when compared with the widely used Si-based photodiodes. The resulting photocurrent is directly proportional to the irradiation intensity across multiple decades. Low junction capacitance ensures short switching times and rapid signal transmission. In some cases, no additional optical filters are required when using our spectrally selective photodiodes.
- Secure: high sensitivity and interference-free signal transfer
- Reliable: optimum suppression of undesired spectral ranges
- Stable: minimal changes to the photocurrent over an extended period, reliable operation even at high temperatures thanks to high signal-to-noise ratio
- Cost-saving: no need for additional spectral filters
Fields of Application
- Automotive industry: for rain sensors, lane departure warning systems, digital data transmission in vehicles
- Traffic safety: for daylight/tunnel sensors
- Medical technology: for diagnosis and therapy, e.g for fluorescence analyses, blood tests
- Security technology: for spectrally selective light barriers
- Metrology: measurement and monitoring of optical radiation sources, e.g. flame detection and water disinfection