- Wavelength: 850 nm
- Pointsource diameter: 150 µm
- Switching time: 10/20 ns
In contrast with conventional IR LEDs, point sources offer effective suppression of undesirable side radiation along with simple collimation. Due to these special characteristics, IR point sources are an ideal radiation source in optical rotary encoders. They also guarantee efficient coupling with optical fibers for data transmission.
- High-precision: sharply defined and evenly illuminated reflection of the emission area.
- Impressive performance: high radiant intensity with the aid of simple optics
- Cost-saving: thanks to minimal power consumption, resulting in long battery life
- Mobile use: compact design for applications with limited space
- Individual: wide range of point diameters available; development of custom solutions also possible
Fields of Application
- Electronics industry: substitution of VCSEL semiconductor lasers
- Medical technology: for blood analysis, fluorescence microscopy and analytics
- Security technology: as sights and light barriers
- Metrology: distance measurement
- Automation: beam barriers and rotary encoders