OEM laser solutions based on diode- and disk laser technology
Laser-based solutions for medical applications, materials processing, optical pumping, illumination and sensing
Within the product segment OEM laser solutions, we focus on developing, manufacturing and selling custom design:
- high-power diode lasers
- diode-pumped disk lasers
- laser sub-systems
Our OEM laser solutions serve applications in healthcare such as laser-based therapy and diagnostics, materials processing and optical pumping.
The power of vertical integration: full flexibility in designing, assembling and packaging diode laser components, modules and laser sub-systems
High-power diode lasers (760 – 1060 nm)
Covering the entire value chain– from epitaxial wafer growth to laser system assembly – we have full flexibility in designing, assembling and packaging our
high-power diode lasers in order to provide customized, diode laser based OEM solutions on the component-, module- or sub-system level.
In ascending order with regard to the level of integration, our high-power diode laser offering spans the following products in the 760 nm to 1060 nm near-infrared (NIR) wavelength region:
- Epitaxial wafers and unmounted high-power laser diodes based on (Al, In, Ga) (As, P) compound semiconductors
- Open heat sink diode lasers: single-laser-bar packages based on passively (conduction-) cooled or actively (convection-) cooled heat sinks
- Diode laser stacks for power scaling into the multikilowatt range: multi-laser-bar packages based on actively (convection-) cooled or passively (conduction-) cooled submounts/ substrates
- Fiber-coupled diode laser modules: single- or multi-laser-bar fiber coupled modules in a rugged OEM design
Close exchange between our:
- in-house semiconductor fab for processing GaAs-based optoelectronic devices and our
- in-house manufacturing site for diode laser assembly and packaging
allows for comprehensive product development as well as process- and quality monitoring over the full value chain.
This empowers and enables us to deliver industry-leading high power diode lasers with superior reliability, electro-optical efficiency and optical output power levels up to 300 W in cw- and even hard-pulse mode in the 9xx nm region e.g. for a single laser bar mounted on our latest open heat sink generation LK.
Diode-pumped disk lasers
Next to high-power diode laser technology, Jenoptik has pioneered development and commercialization of diode-pumped thin disk lasers.
Compared to other solid-state laser technologies our thin disk lasers offer highest electro-optical efficiency, water-less cooling of the gain medium and high beam quality due to suppression of thermal lensing. We are particularly active in the medical field of laser-based-therapy with our proven and highly reliable frequency-doubled 532 nm thin disk Nd:YVO4 lasers.
Our miniaturized JenLas® D2.mini 2-8W laser fits into the palm of your hand and exhibits a rugged, sealed OEM-design for easy integration into your medical laser system.
The laser is available at three levels of integration:
- fiber coupled
- fully integrated, i.e. including fiber-coupling, control and functional safety electronics as well as cooling.
Laser sub-systems: tailored solutions for customer specific applications
Next to laser components- and modules we are also offering highly customized laser sub-systems based on
- Diode laser assemblies, e.g. linear laser source assemblies for low-brightness, line laser applications in materials processing, e.g. welding, heating, curing or annealing
- Disk lasers: e.g. laser modules for integration in medical systems
- Fiber-coupled diode laser systems, e.g used for laser-based etching in the semiconductor industry
- Fiber lasers: e.g. based on our JenLas® fiber ns 25 – 105 for high precision applications in industrial marking and micromachining
- Find out more
Benefit from our experience in laser technologies and stay ahead of the market
Our expertise in laser technology allows us to provide comprehensive, customized laser solutions for a wide variety of laser applications. We co-develop with you - from ideation to solution - innovative laser products.