Jenoptik as an employer
The Bright Ideas People
Jenoptik is a company where bright ideas are born. Changing the world with light demands for an exploring spirit. Discover challenges the world is facing, at Jenoptik you change the world.
We are a globally operating technology group which is present in more than 80 countries. Optical technologies are the very basis of our business. The majority of our range of products and services are provided to the photonics market. Our customers primarily include companies in the semiconductor equipment, automotive and automotive supplier, medical technology, defense and security as well as the aviation industries. The Jenoptik Group headquarters are located in Jena in the state of Thuringia. Next to our major sites in Germany, we maintain production and assembly sites in Europe, the US, and Asia and employ about 4,500 staff worldwide. JENOPTIK AG is listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange and included in the SDax and TecDax Indices. Learn more about Jenoptik.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for colleagues who want to make an enthusiastic contribution to our success. You can find current job offers here.
Why is diversity important to Jenoptik?
- The diversity of employees with different skills, perspectives and ideas opens up opportunities for innovative and creative solutions.
- A climate of diversity, appreciation, acceptance and mutual trust has a positive effect on our reputation in business relationships and among our customers.
- An interdisciplinary and intercultural working environment allows us to work more efficiently and to improve our business results.
- We have to meet the challenges of globalization, the increasing social importance of diversity and legal requirements.
What do we do for more diversity at Jenoptik?
- Setting targets to increase the number of women and international colleagues in management positions and the number of women in leadership programs
- Regular reporting on the percentage of women and international colleagues in management positions
- Annual auditing by the FKi (Women Career Index)
- Continuous work in our Diversity Council
Charta of Diversity
Jenoptik supports an appreciative and unprejudiced working environment that values talents based on their performance – regardless of age, gender and gender identity, ethnic origin and nationality, religion and belief, sexual orientation and identity or physical abilities. This is why we signed the Diversity Charter in August 2020.
We are convinced that living diversity and valuing this diversity has a positive impact on society in all countries.
The Charta of Diversity is a German initiative of employers to support diversity in companies and institutions. Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel is the patron of the initiative. The initiative wants to promote the recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the organizational culture. More than 3,600 companies and institutions have already signed the Charta of Diversity.