Measure long distances quickly with a Laser Distance Sensor from the LDM301 series
Laser Range Finders of the LDM301 series measure large distances and calculate object speed
The laser distance sensors that make up the LDM301 series use a measured time-of-flight principle to measure distances of 300 m for natural surfaces and 3000 m for reflective surfaces. The fast time-of-flight method enables the system also to calculate the speed of the object.
Measurements may occur at a frequency of 10 kHz. These high frequency distance measurements enable the LDM301 series of products also to determine the speed of the object. High rates of measurement make the LDM301 particularly useful in continuous process control associated with chemical, steel, refining, and other high volume manufacturing operations.
Jenoptik’s LDM301 series has been built to meet or exceed the demanding IP67 internal protection standards. LDM301 series IP67 certification means that these units will survive in the harshest conditions of temperature (-40 °C to +60 °C), rain, sleet, and snow as well as corrosive, abrasive, and salt fog environments.
The LDM301 series of laser range finders come with multiple interface options (RS-232, RS-422, Profibus, and SSI) along with the ability to switch between analog and digital output enabling the LDM301 series to readily integrate into new or existing process control systems.
The LDM301 laser distance sensors are equipped with an in-unit heating system, status indicator lamps, and manual sighting system, by standard. The systems flexibility does not stop here as each of these standards may be replaced with optional components. See your Jenoptik representative for details.
- Powerful: Measure distances of up to 3000 meters.
- Efficient: Non-contact form of detection that is not susceptible to wear.
- Robust: EMI shielded, case hardened, o-ring sealed chassis ensuring operability in extreme environments.
- Convenient & Flexible: With internal heating systems, status indicator lights, and sighting mechanism, standards. The modular design enables these standards to be replaced or custom additions made with little change to the base unit.
Fields of application
- Automation: Liquid level detection, chemical process control, fill level control.
- Metrology: Distance measurement, length and height measurements to the centimeter, position detection, calculation of object speed and the measurement of thickness and depth.
- Process control: Position monitoring, collision protection, material flow monitoring.
- Logistics: Position for goods, transport and loading systems, conveyor systems, levels, collision protection, part detection.
| Invisible measuring beam:
| Pin-point alignment:
||Red pilot laser (class 2 laser)
| Measuring range natural surfaces:
|Measuring range reflective surfaces:||3,000 m
|Measuring accuracy:||60 mm
|Measuring frequency:||Up to 10 Hz (model dependent)
|Eye safe:||Class 1 laser
| Standard interface options:
||RS-232, RS-422, SSI, Profibus, analog
|Measuring functions (excerpt):||User-specific parameterization, switchable outputs, triggers and synchronization
|For more information, please refer to downloadable PDF data sheet below.|