Invisible and functionally reliable predetermined breaking points thanks to precise laser perforation
The patented laser perforation process from Jenoptik enables you to integrate precise, functionally reliable and invisible predetermined breaking points in plastic components in just one process step.
The sensor-based Jenoptik laser perforation process meets the highest demands in terms of safety and aesthetics, allowing you to process plastic components in a fast and controlled manner. In just one step, for example, you can create predetermined breaking points in vehicle airbag covers that are invisible to passengers. The specially developed sensor technology from Jenoptik is so precise that you can precisely retain predetermined residual wall thicknesses. At the same time, the process ensures that the highest safety standards are met. Each individual processing point is monitored during the laser perforation process and compared against the corresponding parameter values. All data can be reliably archived in a traceability system.Unlike mechanical processes, laser perforation is completely non-contact. The non-wearing laser beam tool does not induce any mechanical stresses on the material. The process is also particularly clean and does not require any subsequent reworking because any dust generated is immediately extracted and cleaned. You can set the type, distances and contour of the holes according to your requirements — specific to the material you are currently processing. The process is therefore perfectly suited to the perforation of predetermined breaking points in plastics, textiles or leather.
- Flexible: Exact and invisible predetermined breaking points in a wide range of materials thanks to precise sensor technology.
- Economic: Process multi-layered materials in just one process step.
- Non-wearing: Non-contact processing minimizes maintenance and spare parts costs.
- Variable: Increased flexibility in terms of component design.
- Safe: Monitored and traceable process for safety-related components.
Fields of Application
- Automotive industry: Predetermined breaking points for airbag covers in the vehicle trim.