Laser Distance Sensors from the LDM40 series: Fast and accurate non-contact measurement
Distance measurements with millimeter accuracy can be obtained by using one of our LDM40 series laser range finders allowing accurate and precise object locating.
Distance measurements with millimeter accuracy can be obtained by using one of our LDM40 series laser distance sensors allowing accurate and precise object locating.
The LDM40 series can measure distances of up to 150 meters, at measurement rates of up to 50 Hz. The ability to measure with accuracy of a few millimeters is made possible by phase comparison method.
The red laser light emitted by the LDM40 series laser distance sensors enables visual confirmation, alignment, and targeting. Applications for the LDM40 laser distance sensors include level monitoring (liquid and solid), positional reference and location of objects, and collision prevention of moving objects ( e. g. cranes, lifts, conveyance systems).
The LDM40 series is capable of measuring 30 meter distances on natural surfaces with millimeter precision without contacting the measuring surface eliminating wear and the associated error. The LDM40 series is able to perform these highly accurate measurements using an eye-safe class 2 laser.
The LDM40 series are designed for integration into your industrial application with their serial interface, Profibus DP, individually configurable switching, and analog outputs integration allowing them the flexibility to adapt to any manufacturing situation.
Jenoptik’s LDM40 series features a case hardened chassis that is seal from the environment in order to keep dust, water spray, and the weather out of the optical systems. The LDM40 sensors may be equipped with internal heating elements increasing the operating range from +50 oC through -40 oC.
- Precise: Measurements ± a few millimeters.
- Easy to use: Visible laser enables naked eye alignment of range finding system.
- Flexible: with their serial interface, Profibus DP, individually configurable switching, multiple operating modes and analog outputs.
- Robust: case hardened chassis with o-ring seals to keep dust, water spray, and the elements out of the optical system. Optional internal heating elements extend the operating range from -40 oC to +50 oC.
- Economical: Non-contact measurements reducing wear, extending MTBF, service life, and maintenance.
Fields of application
- Automation: Liquid and solid level measurement, process control and position monitoring.
- Metrology: Distance and position measurements (thickness, length, height, and depth).
- Process control: Lift system positioning, water level / lock door operation.
- Logistics: Position for goods, transport and loading systems, conveyor systems, levels, collision protection, part detection.
| Invisible measuring beam:
|| 905 nm
| Measurement range natural surfaces:
|| 30 m
|Measurement range reflective surfaces:|| 150 m
|Measurement accuracy:|| Up to 3 mm
|Measurement frequency:|| Up to 50 Hz
|Eye safe:|| Class 2 laser (compliant)
| Various interfaces:
|| RS-232, RS-422, SSI, Profibus, analog
|Measurement functions (excerpt):|| User-specific parameterization, switchable outputs, triggers, synchronization
|For more information, please refer to downloadable PDF data sheet below.|