The compact LDS30 series laser distance sensors are capable of measuring low reflectance (natural) surfaces with frequencies of 30 kHz. The LDS30 series was designed specifically for the scanning and proximity sensing applications.
The LDS30 series uses the time of flight measuring principles along with an eye-safe class 1 laser (wavelength 905 nm) to achieve a range of 30 m for surfaces with 10% reflectance. In conjunction with reflective surfaces or special targets this range may be increased to distances of up to 250 meters.
The extremely compact, lightweight, case hardened chassis makes the LDS30 series laser rangefinder resistant to normal impact and shock associated with industrial applications. The chassis improvements also make the LDS30 series impervious to dust infiltration and moisture impregnation (IP67 / NEMA 6).
The ready-to-install LDS30 has the entire connectivity suite options associated with the other LDM series laser distance sensors enabling (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, Profibus, and SSI) along with the ability to switch between analog and digital output and user-specific parameterization.
- Fast: Measurement frequency 30 kHz.
- Accurate: ±50 mm accuracy within 30 m range on surfaces with 10% reflectance surfaces, 250 m range on surfaces with 25% reflectance.
- Compact: Can be integrated into small systems.
- Rugged: Meets IP67/ NEMA 6 requirements.
- Flexible: Interfaces, operating modes and outputs can be configured and parameterized for specific users, with external triggering available to select as required.
- Eye-safe: 905 nm class 1 laser.
Fields of application
- Automation technology: Compact measuring module for scanning systems.
- Industrial metrology: Real time monitoring of distances and dimensions.
- Special technology/applications: Object detection, proximity sensing or altitude monitoring for unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).
| Invisible measuring beam:
|| 905 nm
| Measuring range natural surfaces 10% reflectivity:
|| 30 m
|Measuring range reflective surfaces or special targets:|| 250 m
|Measuring accuracy:|| 50 mm
|Measuring frequency:|| Up to 30 kHz (binary output)
|Eye safe:|| Class 1 laser
| Standard interface options:
|| RS-232, RS-422, analog
|Measuring functions (excerpt):|| User-specific parameterization, switching outputs, trigger
| For more information, please refer to downloadable PDF data sheet below.