Identify, monitor and intercept suspect vehicles
Jenoptik’s automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) enables you to create criminal profiles and movement patterns of suspect vehicles.
Vehicles have a key role in organized crime and are frequently used as a means of transport or escape as part of criminal activities. ANPR technology helps the police and security authorities to quickly identify and monitor suspect vehicles, by enabling crime prevention and increasing civil security.
Powerful ANPR cameras combined with advanced analysis software are designed to filter out suspects from millions of other vehicles. ANPR data is processed and analysed in real time, and the software is able to compare number plates against existing watch lists. When a search returns a hit, like a stolen vehicle or a vehicle with false plates, the police and security authorities are automatically alerted. Filters can then be used to reconstruct movement patterns, departure points and links to other vehicles. Police and security authorities can then create criminal profiles and identify suspect behaviour, enabling them to determine where a suspect vehicle is located, and effectively pursue and prevent crime.
Benefits to you
- Targeted: When suspect vehicles are identified, the police and security authorities are alerted instantly.
- Fast: ANPR data is processed and analysed in real time.
- Powerful: ANPR cameras have high recording rates, and the software copes easily with large data volumes.
- Savings on personnel: State-of-the-art technology means savings on personnel.
- Successful: ANPR technology has proven itself in international projects over many years.
- Civil security: Police and security authorities are able to quickly identify suspect vehicles.
Montitoring suspect vehicles: Product overview
Products for the monitoring of suspect vehicles
VECTOR² automatic number plate recognition camera
VECTOR² cameras: Identifying suspect vehicles
Use Jenoptik’s powerful automatic number plate recognition to promptly detect suspect vehicles and prevent crime.
Jenoptik’s VECTOR² ANPR cameras automatically record number plates, enabling police and security authorities to identify suspect vehicles quickly. Networking multiple VECTOR² cameras at any number of locations enables continuous monitoring of busy and strategically important traffic points such as borders, bridges, tunnels and harbours. Civil security can also be increased in public places such as city centres, government buildings, airports, hospitals, universities and tourist attractions.
When a suspect vehicle passes a VECTOR² camera, the number plate is recorded. TraffiData software processes the ANPR data in real time and evaluates it using different filters. TraffiData is able to compare data against police watch lists, so if a car is stolen or false plates are detected, the relevant police force or security authority is instantly alerted about the vehicles whereabouts at that precise moment. Vehicles can then be pursued, crimes successfully solved and prevented.
- Powerful: VECTOR² ANPR cameras reliably record all passing vehicles.
- Compatible: Any number of VECTOR² cameras at multiple locations can be linked up to form a network. Recorded ANPR data can then be transmitted to data centres in real time.
- Saves on resources: ANPR technology saves on personnel time and costs.
- Efficient: Police and security authorities get an overview of the relevant information.
- Durable and reliable: VECTOR² cameras have proven themselves in applications worldwide.
Identifying suspect vehicles: Police and security authorities are using VECTOR² cameras to automatically record number plates and increase civil security.
TraffiMobile automatic number plate recognition
Continuous recording of suspect vehicles – using TraffiMobile
Use Jenoptik's powerful, mobile ANPR cameras to cover gaps in your camera network.
In contrast to the stationary VECTOR² cameras, TraffiMobile can be used at locations where fixed installations aren’t possible, or where ANPR is required only temporarily, e.g. at major events or important political conferences. Police and security authorities can then fully monitor whole areas and identify any suspect vehicles.
TraffiMobile can be installed inside vehicles as well as on tripods, enabling police and security personnel to flexibly deploy the ANPR cameras and changing locations at any time. ANPR data is automatically transferred, and processed and evaluated in real time by TraffiData analysis software. TraffiData can use the ANPR data acquired by TraffiMobile to compare number plates against police watch lists, alerting those responsible when, for example, stolen vehicles or false plates are detected. Extra traffic surveillance helps to increase civil security.
- Flexible: TraffiMobile can be used for mobile use in vehicles or on tripods.
- Targeted: Police and security authorities can deploy TraffiMobile precisely where the solution is needed.
- Comprehensive: TraffiMobile closes the gaps in your ANPR network.
- Saves costs: TraffiMobile saves on installation and operational costs at locations where only temporary number plate recording is required.
- Individualised: Our experts consult on where and how to best use TraffiMobile according to individual requirements.
Identifying suspect vehicles: Police and security authorities are flexibly deploying TraffiMobile to ensure complete ANPR coverage.
TraffiData analysis software
TraffiData analysis software: Data evaluation targeted at crime
TraffiData analysis software automatically identifies suspect vehicles in real time by using police watch lists and filters.
TraffiData software saves police and security authorities time and personnel costs in combating organised crime. TraffiData is capable of managing, processing and analysing huge amounts of ANPR data. Data evaluation takes place in real time enabling suspect vehicles to be precisely located and tracked.
TraffiData software compares number plates recorded by the cameras against watch lists from police databases. If stolen vehicles or false plates are detected, the responsible police and security authorities are automatically alerted. The software also issues alerts when vehicles act suspiciously, e.g. two similar cars driving one behind the other (in convoy) over several days, along roads and near important buildings. Individual filters can then be used to reconstruct movement patterns, departure points and links to other vehicles. TraffiData enables big data management to effectively pursue and prevent crime and increase civil security.
- Efficient:TraffiData software processes huge amounts of ANPR data and evaluates the information in real time.
- Saves on resources: Police and security authorities can instantly identify suspect vehicles and systematically pursue crime.
- Compatible: TraffiData can be easily connect via interfaces.
- Individualised: By using filters, TraffiData displays only the information that is relevant to you.
- Secure: TraffiData has proven itself in international projects over many years.
- Identifying suspect vehicles: TraffiData analysis software systematically evaluates huge amounts of ANPR data and alerts police and security authorities to suspected organised crime.
Increase public safety by using intelligent solutions from Jenoptik
You may find this also interesting!
Do you have any questions? We will be happy to help!
+61 2 9420 -2500
+43 1 6982133-11
+43 1 6982133-22
+1 905 290 1998
+86 21 3825 2380 -255
+49 2173 3940 -0
+49 2173 3940 -169
+31 13 5772233
Sales United Kingdom
+44 1183 13 0333
+44 1183 13 0370
Sales United States
+1 561 881 7400