ANPR: Highly advanced technology for automatic number plate recognition
Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) is particularly powerful, classifying vehicle type and recording number plates worldwide.
Police and security authorities worldwide are using automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) for various purposes such as border and toll controls, and to increase civil security. Jenoptik's highly advanced technology has been proving itself in international projects for more than 30 years. Our experts are constantly presented with new requirements and are developing individualised products to precisely meet customer needs.
Jenoptik´s deep learning software makes ANPR particularly powerful by being able to extract even more information from recorded images. The software reliably differentiates between vehicle classes such as passenger cars, vans, lorries, buses and motorcycles. It can also recognise practically any of the world’s number plate types. The software integrates into the ANPR cameras so no additional equipment or installation is required, and achieves far better results than conventional visual technologies.
Jenoptik´s VECTOR² ANPR cameras feed deep learning software with clear and high-resolution images even under difficult weather conditions, as well as at night and for high speed traffic. Integrated light sensors enable the cameras to adapt optimally to changing exposure conditions and reliably monitor several lanes simultaneously. The ANPR cameras are robust, compact, durable and reliable, and can be installed on traffic lights, street lighting and existing masts, are suitable for both stationary and portable applications.
Benefits to you
- Versatile: ANPR cameras can be installed on traffic lights, street lighting or any other existing masts.
- Advanced: Jenoptik´s deep learning software uses the latest findings from artificial intelligence.
- User friendly: An intuitive user interface makes the cameras easy to operate.
- Effective: ANPR and data analysis take place in real time.
- Saves on resources: ANPR technology saves on personnel costs.
- Access and road section control: Recording number plates of vehicles in specific areas and along sections of a route.
- Civil security: Police and security agencies are detecting organized crime more quickly.
- Toll control: ANPR technology aids motorway control.
- Borders and parking systems: ANPR cameras detect vehicles entering and exiting.
Product overview for ANPR
Products for ANPR
VECTOR² ANPR camera
Automatic number plate recognition: Using highly advanced VECTOR² ANPR cameras
VECTOR² combines decades of ANPR experience and knowledge into a single, highly capable and compact integrated traffic camera.
Jenoptik’s VECTOR² ANPR cameras automatically capture vehicle number plates across several lanes simultaneously, even for high-speed traffic. They are particularly robust and can be installed on traffic lights, street lighting columns and existing masts. Each camera is equipped with a GPS unit, compass, accelerometer and three light sensors and are capable of adapting optimally to different conditions, delivering clear, unambiguous images at day or night. The ANPR cameras can read and record number plates anywhere in the world, including plates that use Latin, Arabic or Cyrillic scripts.
VECTOR² ANPR cameras meet the highest standards and have impressed customers worldwide with their consistent, high-quality results.
Benefits to you
- Reliable: VECTOR² ANPR cameras deliver consistently high-resolution images even in difficult light and weather conditions.
- Flexible: Suitable for both stationary and mobile applications.
- Compact: Advanced technology in a practical housing.
- Easy to use: VECTOR² ANPR cameras are easy to install and configure using a self-explanatory user interface.
- Speed monitoring: VECTOR² ANPR cameras can detect speeding violations simultaneously across several lanes.
- Access and road section control: Capturing number plates of vehicles in specific areas and along sections of a route.
- Civil security: Police and security agencies are able to detect organised crime more quickly with our ANPR solutions.
- Toll control: VECTOR² ANPR cameras aid motorway control.
- Borders and parking systems: VECTOR² ANPR cameras detect vehicles entering and exiting.
Deep learning software
Deep learning software: Artificial intelligence for ANPR cameras
VECTOR² ANPR cameras work with deep learning software to capture number plates at higher rates and to read complete plates.
Deep learning plays an important role in artificial intelligence with artificial neural networks simulating the human brain by re-processing data. Algorithms constantly adapt themselves to ensure that the machine learns from the experiences it has already had.
VECTOR² ANPR cameras from Jenoptik use deep learning software for automatic number plate recognition thereby increasing capture rates. VECTOR² ANPR cameras access an existing portfolio of images taken under a variety of conditions like bad weather, darkness and high speeds enabling particularly accurate and reliable number plate recording. The deep learning software also ensures that the cameras recognise syntax details and country codes and also classifies vehicles into cars, vans, lorries, buses and motorcycles.
Benefits to you
- Cost-effective: Additional equipment or an additional installation is unnecessary.
- Effective: Faster data processing at no extra cost.
- Powerful: Especially high capture rates.
- Precise: Vehicles are classified into cars, vans, lorries, buses and motorcycles.
- VECTOR² ANPR cameras: Deep learning software uses artificial intelligence to facilitate VECTOR² ANPR cameras in automatically capturing number plates.
Increase public safety by using intelligent solutions from Jenoptik
You may find this also interesting!
Do you have any questions? We will be happy to help!
+61 2 9420 -2500
+43 1 6982133-11
+43 1 6982133-22
+1 905 290 1998
+86 21 3825 2380 -255
+49 2173 3940 -0
+49 2173 3940 -169
+31 13 5772233
Sales United Kingdom
+44 1183 13 0333
+44 1183 13 0370
Sales United States
+1 561 881 7400