Border security: Record and analyse ANPR data in real time
Increased civil security: VECTOR² cameras and TraffiData analysis software record vehicles at borders and evaluate ANPR data in compliance with legal requirements.
Law enforcement agencies use automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) to monitor and control all borders. With the VECTOR² camera and TraffiData solutions, Jenoptik can assist agencies to quickly identify persons and vehicles of interest which can help safeguard borders. Many countries already use Jenoptik's advanced technology to combat organised crime and terrorism.
Border security: Combating the Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCOs)
Criminals frequently utilise a remote portion of the border to smuggle drugs, run bulk cash and traffic humans. Our solutions can detect the number plate (VECTOR² and TraffiData) of every vehicle allowing authorities to investigate criminal activities. Watch lists alerts can automatically be generated within seconds enabling law enforcement agents to respond immediately.
ANPR data that doesn’t return any hits against watch lists is deleted either immediately or after a specified time. The TraffiData software therefore complies with data protection regulations and strictly adheres to legal requirements.
Arrest by appointment – Intercept Report
With today’s advancements in innovation and technology, it is possible to enable border patrol agents to be proactive and take accurate measurements and actions to fight Transnational Criminal Organizations (TCOs).
The “Intercept Report” from Jenoptik’s TraffiData software gives the agent the location, day and time the vehicle of interest is more likely to be at to make an arrest with a higher level of confidence.
TraffiData is the Back Office Facility (BOF) software that enables agents to Capture, Analyse and Act by providing powerful analytical insights to improve situational awareness. TraffiData, through existing cameras, studies the behavioral movement of the vehicles. Utilising the “Intercept Report”, the software can predict with high confidence the exact location, day of the week and time a vehicle of interest most likely to be there. This enables the agent to show up at such location minutes before the vehicle passes and make the arrest.
With the “Intercept Report” from Jenoptik, it is possible to make an arrest by appointment.
- Saves time and costs: ANPR saves personnel costs and resources and prevents long waits at borders.
- Reliable: VECTOR² cameras deliver high-resolution images.
- Targeted: The analysis software filters the data according to relevant information.
- Data protection compliant: The ANPR data is compared against watch lists and immediately deleted when no hits are returned.
- Competent: Jenoptik experts have gained years of experience from working on international projects.
- Easy to use: VECTOR² cameras and software can be quickly installed, configured and operated.
- Durable: VECTOR² cameras are particularly robust and built to withstand harsh environments.
- Border security: Police and security authorities can use Jenoptik’s ANPR solutions to automatically record number plates and analyse the data in real time.
Product overview for border security
Products for border security
VECTOR² automatic number plate recognition camera
VECTOR² cameras: Controlling borders in real time
VECTOR² cameras from Jenoptik capture number plates automatically and increase civil security.
A network of powerful VECTOR² ANPR cameras reliably detects the vehicles crossing borders. The cameras deliver high-resolution images even at poor visibility locations such as tunnels, bridges and harbours.
Automatic number plate recognition functions in real time. Data from all VECTOR² cameras is automatically processed and analysed in a data centre using TraffiData analysis software, whether the cameras are installed at single or multiple locations. Police and security authorities are then promptly alerted when a suspect vehicle approaches a border thereby helping them to increase civil security.
Benefits of VECTOR²
- High resolution: VECTOR² cameras deliver clear images day and night.
- Automatic: VECTOR² cameras record and process data in real time.
- Flexible: New cameras are quick and easy to install using the existing network, for permanent or temporary traffic surveillance.
- Individualised: Our experts have years of experience provide competent advice and deliver projects to precisely meet requirements.
Applications of VECTOR²
- National and international borders: VECTOR² cameras enable police and security authorities to record vehicles on bridges, in tunnels and at ports.
TraffiData analysis software
Big data management: TraffiData for reliable data evaluation
TraffiData analysis software processes data from VECTOR² cameras in real time, for optimal automatic number plate recognition.
At borders around the world, VECTOR² cameras are recording large amounts of ANPR data every day. TraffiData analysis software stores this information, evaluates it and automatically compares it against watch lists.
ANPR data analysis takes place in real time to promptly alert police and security services when a suspect vehicle approaches a border, enabling a quick response. TraffiData uses algorithms to identify movement patterns and to reconstruct routes and links to other vehicles.
All information is stored in accordance with legal requirements and data protection regulations with ANPR data deleted immediately or after a specified time if there are no matches found when compared to watch lists. Reliable big data management is the basis for effective police and security work, increasing civil security by facilitating prompt identification of criminal acts and organised crime.
Benefits of TraffiData
- Instant: TraffiData processes recorded ANPR data in real time.
- Retrospective: TraffiData can analyse ANPR data retrospectively and reconstruct the routes and movement patterns of suspect vehicles.
- Targeted: TraffiData software can be individually adapted to different needs.
- Efficient: A search function enables specific ANPR data to be found quickly and easily.
Applications of TraffiData
Regional and national borders: TraffiData analysis software evaluates large amounts of ANPR data to increase civil security.
Rapid deployment trailer: Intelligent roadside and civil security solutions
Respond to road safety emergencies or public safety threats at moment’s notice.
Rapid deployment trailer combined with speed and ANPR technology assists agencies to rapidly deploy an ANPR trailer to identify vehicles of interest, which can help make roads and communities safer.
Jenoptik rapid deployment trailer has been developed to use our ANPR technology that can be used for a whole host of traffic, civil and anti-crime applications. Utilizing an extendable mast provides superior coverage and read rates for any scenario. Deep learning ANPR engine enables intelligent pattern-recognition capabilities used to monitor traffic and detect potential criminal activity.
Features of rapid deployment trailer
- Extendable mast up to 25 feet
- 2 X 330 watt built in solar panels
- Up to 3 lane monitoring with single camera
- Hotlist alerts in seconds to your phone
- Operates in extreme environments
- 24/7 unattended operation
- Radar speed displays instant alerts
- Speed limit sign with interchangeable digits
Applications rapid deployment trailer
- Law Enforcement
- Civil Security
- Traffic Safety
You may find this also interesting!
Do you have any questions? We will be happy to help!
+43 1 6982133-22
+49 2173 3940 -169
Sales United Kingdom
+44 1183 13 0370